My LDR Notes #2 - What to prepare before starting your LDR?

A lot. Haha.

So to make things easy, you just have to think through your daily routine and identify what are the changes you have to go through when your partner is away.

Everyone has a different pembolehubah. 

Ape ye pembolehubah in english ? Google "pembolehubah in english". Variables. Yes, variables.

We all have different variables. 

Some have no kids, some have one, some have a football team to handle.

Some have maids, some have daily helper, some lives with extended family.

Some works normal working hours, some shifts system, some oncall system.

So no one tips on LDR can fit perfectly with another person on LDR.

For me, I live with 2 boys to handle with no maid, working oncall system and the nearest family is just 30 minutes away.

Before this I rely on my husband to take care of the kids when I am oncall, so we will make sure our roster doesn't clash. Now that he is away, I have my babysitter taking care of them when I am oncall. Before starting to work at this current hospital, we purposely look for a babysitter that can take care of our child when we are oncall. So alhamdulillah that is sorted before hand.

I have a very helpful husband when it comes to doing house chores. And i would say he is neater than I am when it comes to arranging things and putting back things at their own place. Haha. 

So I identified the chores I need to do when he is away :-

1. Basuh baju. My husband is more alert when the laundry basket is almost full and he will hang the clothes after it is washed. I only fold the clothes. That is the only thing i like that involves baju. Lipat baju. Because you can do it while sitting. Haha. Nampak tak akak ni pemalas? Lol. Kenapa malas nak basuh baju you would ask, because my washing machine is outside, so i have to wear tudung. Solution : now i put a hook near the door to hang my tudung. Less reason untuk jadi pemalas. (Sebenarnya boleh je nak letak hook dari dulu, tapi saje nak bagi suami kerja sikit around the house. Lol, denial sangat) Andddd i bought a dryer to make my life easier. No more hanging n putting the hangers away. More review on the dryer later.

2. Basuh periuk belanga. Before, i only had to cook and my husband will clean after dinner. Now both jobs falls on to me. So what we do? We cook using as minimal item so we don't have to clean as much.

3. Isi minyak. Huwaaa, yang ni paling malas Ya Allah. Dulu tak kisah pun minyak ada ke takde, because he will check. Bila tinggal sikit and dia perasan, kita just buat muka terkejut, eh tak perasan minyak tinggal sedikit. Sebenarnya bukan malas sangat, tapi sebab takde station minyak from house - work. To say that my house is so near to my working place. Flip tudung. Haha. Tapi station minyak is on the way to the mall. So should i go to the mall more often then?

4. Buang sampah. He will throw away sampah ke sampah area kat luar rumah after cleaning up post dinner. Reason i did not do it as much as him is again the tudung reason. Now, i will just bring it outside early in the morning right before i go to work, after putting the kids in the car. 

And many more actually. 

Point is dulu we have two adult taking care of the house and the kids, but now it is down to one. Basically you have more to do in the same amount of time and same energy that you have. 

So how to tackle things ? You deduct the amount of work of two people, and try to do what one person can do. Don't overdo yourself. Don't try to be a supermum. You are only human. 

There are things that you must do immediately and daily, but there are things that can wait and need not be necessarily done daily. Only you yourself know what are those. 

Happy trying.

Next : Be Safe!

Comments

Shelley Michele said…
I am Shelley from Los Angeles,California, I want to testify on how i got cured from cervical dystonia, I have suffered from cervical dystonia since the year 2011 with so mush pain,that i have to spend so mush money getting pain relief in the hospital, and I have visited several doctor ,but all to no avail, my world was gradually coming to an end because of the constant muscle contractions and pain , until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal Dr Williams who use herbal portion in curing people from different kind of diseases including dystonia, at first i doubted if it we be able to cure me, but i decided to give it a try, when i contacted this herbal doctor via his email, he prepared a herbal portion and sent it to me via courier service, when i received this herbal medicine, he gave me step by step instructions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed, i was completely free from dystonia just for 1 months of usage,i we recommend this to all my friend family in the world today who still suffering from dystonia you can contact him through his email on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for help.