My big mission in 2019


Salam wrt.

Bismillah.

It’s the end of week one in 2019.

2018 is all about being “Istiqamah walau sedikit” and alhamdulillah last year I made many personal small changes and sticking to it. Towards the end of the year I realized and truly understand that being istiqamah is a very important recipe for success in anything that we do.

Istiqamah = discipline

At a younger age, many would despise the word discipline including me. To me life is all about being carefree and living in the moment. Mistaken I was, being disciplined doesn’t mean we have to stop living in the moment. Being disciplined doesn’t mean we have to lead a serious and boring life. In fact, it allows me to have more free time and less thing to worry about.

What I did in 2018 was to develop one new simple habit every month. And by the end of the year I realized that I actually achieved more things and I am truly happy with the person I’ve become.

For example, in October, the new habit I instilled was to make sure I had packed my bag and the kids bag and prep my work wear before I go to sleep. I know this is not something new to some of you, but it is to me. It only takes around 10 minutes and it is not such a big thing. But it definitely made me a happier person in the morning. If I accidentally woke up late, I won’t be so flustered and chaotic. I won’t be so grumpy at the kids. And since this happened, I am never late to work. I get more time in the morning to have proper breakfast at work before starting to see patients.

Does the above prepping happen at the same time of the day? Not really. It is any time before I go to sleep. It can be at 6pm when I just reach home, or it can be at 9.30pm when the kids are getting ready to bed. It doesn’t matter if I came home late or early. Meaning I still can have impromptu night out with the family, etc. Did I ever miss prepping any of the night? Of course I did, but when I do I set my alarm 10 minutes earlier so that I woke up earlier and doesn’t interrupt my schedule. My understanding of discipline now means being responsible for my action. If I choose to procrastinate, I and myself alone will face the consequence. My point is, don’t be too strict with yourself. Let loose. If something goes out from your plan, don’t fret, don’t get angry, don’t get frustrated, just stay calm and plan back so that it goes back to its way.

And this is just one of the many small things that I have succeeded doing, and gave big impact to my daily life. So nearing end of 2018, I tried going bigger. By setting more habit to my daily life and alhamdulillah it is do-able. At the age of 28 only do I realize that only by planning your life, you are on the road to success. Like the famous saying goes “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail”. This saying doesn’t reach my heart before but only now I truly understand it.

So, insyaAllah 2019 is all about being “discipline”. Discipline in many aspects of my life : personal, family, religion, work. All I hope is that by being discipline in all these aspects, I am able to become a true, functional and productive Muslimah. And the only reason I want to become one is only to gain Allah’s blessing and no other.

- Nadhirah Fauzi



Comments

Shelley Michele said…
I am Shelley from Los Angeles,California, I want to testify on how i got cured from cervical dystonia, I have suffered from cervical dystonia since the year 2011 with so mush pain,that i have to spend so mush money getting pain relief in the hospital, and I have visited several doctor ,but all to no avail, my world was gradually coming to an end because of the constant muscle contractions and pain , until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal Dr Williams who use herbal portion in curing people from different kind of diseases including dystonia, at first i doubted if it we be able to cure me, but i decided to give it a try, when i contacted this herbal doctor via his email, he prepared a herbal portion and sent it to me via courier service, when i received this herbal medicine, he gave me step by step instructions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed, i was completely free from dystonia just for 1 months of usage,i we recommend this to all my friend family in the world today who still suffering from dystonia you can contact him through his email on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for help.