Things I am grateful for in 2020

 



2020 has been rough for most of us. 

I am sure many had waited for 2020 to come and anxiously waiting for all the exciting things that may happen in 2020, but all that came crashing down with covid pandemic.

I started 2020 with a sick leave due to miscarriage and ended 2020 with quarantine leave due to close contact with a positive case.

December had been quite hectic; and for mental health purposes, I took a leave recently on Monday for some needed 'me time'. I secretly wish for a longer leave because I have a lot of things I am supposed to do but haven't had the time to do it. Nothing that important, but some decluttering  here and there. Having minimal stuff really makes your mind that lighter. All these bits of clutter around the house has been weighing me down lately. And now I am really on leave, although not the type of leave I wished for. Haih.

I've been on quarantine leave for a number of time this year. And I hate it. Not being around with the kids. Bothering my in-laws to look after them; although they are very much happy to do so. 

I do not know when my swab will be taken, as they are still organising the close contact list and knowing other people fate's depends on your test result is disturbing. I have a thousand things I can do to keep my mind occupied, but just can't seem to focus on one. So here I am.

In an effort to remember 2020 in a more brighter note, I just want to list down all the things I am grateful for year 2020 :-

1. Good health - for now. Hopefully it stays that way. 
2. My two boys - for a pseudo single mom, both of you have been very great. This year I learnt to put all my attention the first 30 minutes when we get back home, just for the both of you. And that make so much different. I love you both soooo much.
3. The effort Mr.husband put through throughout our LDR journey. He will try his very best to come back every single week although I don't ask for it. Journey can be very tiring and I truly understand that. That's why I don't ask much when he is around. Him being around is all I needed.
4. The few months where the husband had to serve our emergency department here. Finally felt like a family for the looongest time. Dapat puasa and tarawikh sebulan sama-sama. 
5. In laws that are in good health. And they live just half an hour away. My biggest support system in long distance relationship. And whenever I needed extra hand for the kids, they are always there. And sometimes without me having to ask them first. Most of the time, they are the one who offered help first before I come searching for them. 
6. Understanding family - both my parents and all my siblings are in KL. Finding time to visit them while being in LDR is hard. So many times, they are the one who come down here to visit. Having them not whining / expecting a visit to KL is huge. Because I know there are parents that play the 'guilt' card. And I do not want to feel like anak derhaka. Please pray for their health and longevity so that I can repay their deeds, and make them happy while I still can. 
7. Learnt new skills during the first wave quarantine period - trading in the stock market. Still early in the journey and so much to read and understand. But very beneficial skill / ilmu indeed. 
8. Resuming my gold saving journey.
9. Addition to my work colleagues. I am no longer the single medical officer in my department yeay! And I couldn't ask for better colleagues than they are.
10. Able to finish 20 books in 2020.
11. I can bake my own roti now.
12. Tuesday Critical Appraisal session.
13. Cinnamon rolls.
14. My grey glittery sneakers.
15. A potted plant that doesn't die on me, like the rest of them. Haha.
16. Weekend beach visit. 
17. Knowing neighbours better. No more angguk and smile only. I know their names and their kids name and the kids look after each other while playing. 

With that, I am a tad bit happier than when I first started writing just now. 

Maybe tomorrow I'll bake myself some apple crumble. 

Just because.

Haha.

p.s : Please pray that Allah makes ease my affair, Amin.



Comments